Saturday, June 16, 2012

My first Air France A380!

Air France A380-861 (c/n 049) F-HPJD arrives from Paris as "AF066" on June 16, 2012.

This was my first chance to spot and photograph an Air France A380 since the carrier began using it on this flight May 28, 2012. I have now photographed five different A380 operators; Emirates, Qantas, Korean Air, Singapore, and Air France. Looking forward to getting Lufthansa, China Southern, Thai, and Malaysia Airlines in the future.

Today we also had our bi-annual Airline Memorabilia Show at LAX and of course I had my backyard BBQ at the Aero Pacific Hanger (my office) following the show. Had a great time at both events catching up with old friends and making some new, talking airline news, airliner photography, and model airplane collecting. Everyone stuffed themselves at the BBQ and I introduced a couple old friends to two styles of craft beer that they had not tried before....always fun!   

(Photo by Michael Carter)

No comments: