Saturday, November 10, 2012

Korean Airlines Gulfstream G-IV departs Long Beach Airport

 Taxies on "Lima" towards a Rwy 30 departure.
 Rolls for takeoff on Rwy 30.
Korean Airlines G-IV (c/n 1188) HL7222 rotates from Rwy 30 at Long Beach Airport (LGB/KLGB) at 13:56 pst on November 9, 2012 as "GLF 17" but never returned to the airport (to my knowledge anyway) as flight tracking website "flightaware" indicated that it did. If anyone does know the true destination of this aircraft please advise....thanks!
 
(Photos by Michael Carter)

3 comments:

Richard Silagi said...

After he departed LGB he flew over Santa Catalina and then over San Clemente Is at 10,000 and then turned towards San Diego for awhile and started climbing and then turned south down along the coast and into Mexican airspace. It does not look like he came back into SoCal airspace.

Richard

Michael Carter said...

Thanks for the info Richard much appreciated. It's like the ocean swallowed her up! Hehehehehehehe.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Mike

Camila said...

The place is what I like the most about trips. Every time I get to travel I am excited about the place, because there is where I really start to feel the excitement about going to a different country and getting in contact with its inhabitants. Last year I went to Argentina: I had alreadt booked a buenos aires apartment but I had noone to share it with yet. I sat next to this handsome Argentinean guy who was my age. We had many things in common and spent the whole flight talking. When we arrived, I asked him if he wanted to stay with me and he said yes. The good thing about having a local living with me was that he introduced me to all of his Argentinean friends and I immersed myself in the local culture. They took me to the places that were worth visiting and made me try all the typical food. It was all thanks to the plane, I was grateful and I still am since I married that man I met on the flight and now we have three Argentinean kids!